In October 2011, A collective of South African feminists, convened a 2-day meeting to discuss the possibility of establishing a South African Feminist Forum (SAFF). This initiative was born out of the regional African Feminist Forums.
The goal of the meeting was to bring together feminists living in and from South Africa for reflection, alliance building and to explore the possibility of establishing a South African Feminist Forum. Specific discussions focused on
- exploring the dynamics presented by the South African context;
- to reflect on feminist responses and presence in the context,
- to explore feminist experiences and identities;
- to discuss possibilities for strengthening feminist responses in South Africa, and
- to discuss potentially hosting a regional African Feminist Forum in 2012.