The One in Nine Campaign
Opportunity: Women’s Leadership exchange programme
Formed in 2006, the One in Nine Campaign is a network of organisations and individuals driven by feminist principles and the desire to live in a society where women are the agents of their own lives, including their sexual lives. The Campaign supports and advocates for the rights of women who speak out against sexual violence as well as other survivors in five ways:
- Solidarity in Action and Building Feminist Activism
- Feminist Knowledge Production and Research
- Media Advocacy
- Justice and Legal Transformation
- Direct Action
See more at www.oneinnine.org
The One in Nine Campaign wishes to invite interested Women feminists, between the ages 18-27 to apply to be part of the One in Nine Campaign team that will be participating in a women’s leadership Youth Exchange programme.
One in Nine Campaign team will consist of two Women in total. The exchange is between Katswe Sisterhood in Zimbabwe. The One in Nine Campaign in South Africa and SAIH in Norway and is supported by FK youth programme.
The total number of women who will be participating in the exchange is six (6).
All Women participants from the different organisations will live, work and travel together for the duration of the exchange.
The project will operate in three months cycles in each country, through the host organization(s) and will consist also of
- A Preparation course in Johannesburg South Africa
- A FK Youth Camp in Oslo Norway
- A Home-coming programme in home-countries
The Duration of the exchange is 1 year commencing on the 1 August 2015
The young feminist ambassador, will have the opportunity to volunteer learn and implement programs whilst being immersed within these three organisations in the three countries. She will also have the opportunity to experience the different countries and cultures through the exchange and will return to their home organisation to implement lessons and strategies learnt during the exchange.
The successful candidate will be a feminist who:
- Has extensive knowledge and interest in the fields of: Violence against women and Feminist movement building.
- Has extensive knowledge of the One in nine Campaign politics and strategies (membership to the Campaign will be an advantage
- Is a visionary and strategic leader who can work effectively with people from different cultures an backgrounds
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Can plan, direct and coordinate activities and work within a team
- Is creative, has a positive attitude and spirit and can work and interact with others under pressure
Please note that there is no remuneration for this position. The successful applicants travel, board and lodge costs and other costs related to the project will be covered by the host organization.
Applications should be accompanied by:
- A letter of motivation
- An up-to-date CV
- 3 references (their names; position; formal relationship to applicant; contact details)
[email protected] and politicaleducation[email protected]
Closing Date: Friday 15th May 2015
No late applications will be accepted
Selection and interviews: All shortlisted candidates will be notified by the 25th of May. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive communication by this date